• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI 2023 will not launch due to an "unknown error"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to AI 2023. I thought I had used it since I upgraded but I might be wrong. I have not had this issue with prior versions. The problem appears to be AI specific: I can open my other CC programs like PS 2023.

I am on a 2019 iMac running OS Ventura 13.0. The computer has a 3.6 GHZ 8-Core Intel Core i9, a Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, and 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4.

I have tried restarting, reinstalling AI, running cleanup utilities - nothing is working so far. The only step I have not taken is unistalling and reinstalling Creative Cloud. Besides using third party brushes, I'm not aware of any weird plug-ins that could be causing a conflict.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

I solved the issue, whatever it was.

I uninstalled and reinstalled CC. That seemed to make no difference. So I downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, ran that, selected Illustrator and "cleaned" it. Once I reinstalled Illustrator after that, it launched without issue. If I'm not imagining things, it even launched more quickly than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue, whatever it was.

I uninstalled and reinstalled CC. That seemed to make no difference. So I downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, ran that, selected Illustrator and "cleaned" it. Once I reinstalled Illustrator after that, it launched without issue. If I'm not imagining things, it even launched more quickly than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue and cleaned Illustrator and then CC and still having the issue. Not sure what to do at this point. Wait for an update, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us your system info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 10.41.16 AM.png

I am running Ventura 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jonathan5E2C,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the following steps in order and checking if it helps:

• Close all Adobe applications
  • Remove the UXP and CEP folders from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/
  • Relaunch Illustrator

If the issue persists, kindly try the following steps to completely remove and reinstall the Creative Cloud applications and share your observations:

1. (Clear user library) Shift + CMD+ G [Go to Folder]~/Library
     - Delete folder:~/Library/Application Support/Adobe & any com.adobe files in the Application Support folder
     - Delete folder: ~/Library/Caches/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in the Caches folder
    - Delete folder: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in the Preferences folder

2. (Clear system library) Shift + CMD+ G [Go to Folder] /Library
     - Delete folder: /Library/Application Support/Adobe & any com.adobe files in the Application Support folder
     - Delete folder: ~/Library/Caches/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in the Caches folder
     - Delete folder: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe & any com.adobe.plist files in the Preferences folder

3.  Delete all Adobe Folders from Applications > Utilities

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

AnubhavMajumder_0-1668721083567.png

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed procedure. I performed all steps listed above and after a creative cloud reinstall with Illustrator being the first application to download and install it still crashes and is unable to open at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the top of the crash report. I have the whole report saved if it would be helpful. All other CC applications work as expected. 

-------------------------------------

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

-------------------------------------

Process:               Adobe Illustrator [2745]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2023/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator

Identifier:            com.adobe.illustrator

Version:               27.0.1 (27.0.1)

Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        launchd [1]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2022-11-19 07:24:30.7214 -0500

OS Version:            macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        A1ABFC55-2CD9-4B2C-44B7-271484D68218

Sleep/Wake UUID:       808CD0E3-CC80-4C07-A405-79B17F7CCDAC

Time Awake Since Boot: 2400 seconds

Time Since Wake:       402 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11

Terminating Process:   exc handler [2745]

VM Region Info: 0 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 4371349504

REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL

UNUSED SPACE AT START

--->  

__TEXT                      1048d8000-105ad8000    [ 18.0M] r-x/r-x SM=COW  ...e Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jonathan5E2C,

Thanks for confirming that. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under the root user account and checking if it helps?

If that doesn't help, you may connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines