Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

AI 26 2022 not opening v25.4 2021 file, IOS 11.4 big sur

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else not able to open files in v26 that were created/previously opened in 25.4?

This is a larger 28 layer 416 mb large format 28x42" .ai file.

It seems to lock on the RGB color profile: "color profile mismatch". No matter what option I choose, I am presented with a second color profile question that will not allow "Open" as a choice, only "Cancel"

This results in not being able to open the file.

Problem summary

RGB color profile conflict will not allow a 24x42", multi-layer 416mb .ai file to open using IOS 11.4 Big Sur. Open freezes on second color profile warning.

Temporary remedy

I uninstalled all versions of Illustrator, reinstalled 25.4 and the file opens without difficulty.

PS only "common" Mac fonts are used, no broken links

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

Also, please share a few screenshots showing an error message.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines