• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

align distribute

Participant ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please see image. I made two blends and I want them to curve evenly along the path below. Replace spine doesnt do what I want. I want them like the second image.  I can just move them all manually but wondering if theres a more efficient and pefect way? thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Make a blend from 3 strokes, with a width profile to make the ends pointy.

MikeGondek_2-1658163181303.png

MikeGondek_0-1658163148989.png

You can then just nudge the paths

MikeGondek_0-1658163422954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just a little dense today, but I don't understand how the path below relates to the blends. In what way does the second image show anything curving evenly along the path?

These two blends, if you make the large arcs coincident

tromboniator_0-1657277792041.png

give you what's in your image

tromboniator_1-1657277970902.png

but seem unrelated to

tromboniator_2-1657278050519.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter the images uploaded in different order to what I thought so that should say I want like the first image not the second.  Its basically a fish skeleton I want the ribs distributed on the spine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A spine is a single line, not an object like you showed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im talking about spine as in vertebrae not an illustrator spine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said: "Replace spine doesnt do what I want"

That is probably because you try to use a vertebrae instead of an Illustrator spine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im talking about spine as in vertebrae not an illustrator spine

By @Arrakis

Not everyone is a biologist in this group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hence the reason I explained 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw (curved) lines between the end points and center point of your vertebra, then replace spine for each...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a blend from 3 strokes, with a width profile to make the ends pointy.

MikeGondek_2-1658163181303.png

MikeGondek_0-1658163148989.png

You can then just nudge the paths

MikeGondek_0-1658163422954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arrakis,

You can draw both the basic fish ribs and the fish spine as stroked paths with the Width Tool suggested by Mike, and then you can use a copy of the fish spine directly as a Blend spine; you can hide the fish spine and show it when the fish ribs have been placed.

But the largest rib is number 5 out of 10, in other words not in the middle so you cannot make a Blend in one go between three objects.

Also, when you Blend>Replace Spine, the centres of the end objects will coincide with the ends of the spine, instead of having the ends of the fish spine extend past the ribs.

You can either cut off suitable and possibly different bits from the two Blend spine ends, so it becomes shorter than the fish spine, or you can add two surplus fish rib to the Blend (later to be deleted).

You can make two Blends, then Expand the Blends and move one set so the largest rib snaps to the other as suggested by Peter, then Ungroup and gather into one Group.

This will leave you with no blend, but you can make a temporary Blend with one step so you get temporary ribs between the real ones, then replace spine, then expand the Blend, then delete the temporary ribs (every second in betwen the real one) and the surplus end fish ribs.

That ought to give you the fish ribs placed orderly and following (the curve of) the fish spine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines