• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Align Distribution - Align to Key Object Bugged - Illustrator CC 26.2.1

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be the original Artboard size of your file and Adobe's solution to larger Artboards  - to create a 1/100 scale file.

If you create a file with an Artboard larger then that magic number - 226" and then subsequently reduce its size, the Align Distribution will remain at 1/100.   So if you try to align shapes to a key object at .5" apart, the result will be a 5" spaces, even though the tool says .5", resulting in apoplectic hair tearing.

The solution, pending a bug fix, is to paste your file into a new artboard smaller than 226" x 226". 
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds vaguely familiar. I'm not sure of others' success or failure, but the few times I've wandered into auto-scale territory, it caused me more problems than it solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you have to watch the outputs to things like plotters.  I have found plot jobs screwing into media at 10% scale OOPs!

It dosn't play well with other progams sometimes.

My original post stated 1/100, the scale is 1/10 I think.

It is nice laying out jobs at full scale, you just have to bear in mind it's faux full-scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, the scale it 1/10 not 1/100.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines