Align stroke to the outside not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone 🙂

I  seem to have an issue with the stroke  alignment of a curve. I need to align the logo to the border of the file, but I cannot seem to get it precisely so I wanted to change the alignment stroke of an element but it is greyed out :

Yasmina219810679boc_0-1645113471500.png

And I need the stroke to go to the border of the file :

Yasmina219810679boc_1-1645113515417.png

Can anyone please help me out with this and tell me what I need to do ? 🙂

Thank you very much 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022
Here's a way: Choose Edit > Preferences. On the General page, find "Use Preview Bounds" and enable it, if it's not already enabled. Click OK. If the Transform panel isn't in view, choose Window > Transform Assuming the Artboard size is known (if it's not, choose File > Document Setup to get it), select the logo and in the Transform panel, with "Constrain Width and Height Proportions" enabled, (chain-link putton pressed), enter the Artboard width in the W: field and press Enter. This will make th...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stroke alignment only works on closed paths, since "inside" and "outside" are otherwise ambiguous. The fact that it's disabled when your path is selected indicates the path is open.

I'm not altogether certain I understand what you mean by "the border of the file," but if you mean the edge of the artboard, it might be preferable to resize the artboard to match the artwork. To do that, double-click the Artboard tool and choose "Fit to Artwork Bounds" from the Preset menu.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Mensinger Thank you for your answer. What I want is for the logo to fit the artwork. When a click on "Fit to Artwork Bounds", the Artwork adapts it self to the logo but I would like the opposite, is this possible ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a way:

Choose Edit > Preferences. On the General page, find "Use Preview Bounds" and enable it, if it's not already enabled. Click OK.

If the Transform panel isn't in view, choose Window > Transform

Assuming the Artboard size is known (if it's not, choose File > Document Setup to get it), select the logo and in the Transform panel, with "Constrain Width and Height Proportions" enabled, (chain-link putton pressed), enter the Artboard width in the W: field and press Enter.

This will make the logo the same width as the Artboard. (From your screenshots, I gather that's the objective.) If necessary, use the Align panel to position it as desired, or click/drag (best with Smart Guides enabled) to the final position.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peeerfect !! 🙂 It works !! Thank you so much @John Mensinger ! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines