• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALIGN TOOL - greyed out DISTRIBUTE SPACING measurement, key object not highlighting, etc

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the align tool for text to distribute spacng vertically.

When I select the text and go to the align tool window, the option to enter the measurement for distribute spacing is shaded out. 

As well, the key object doesn't highlight or allow me to highlight.

Attempts to solve:

Opening and closing Illustrator.

Uninstalling and reinstalling.

Varying the order in which I highlight the text, open the align window, re-highlighting the text, etc.

This is insanely frustrating, and while I've found answers relating to Align Tool not working, including the measurement, none of them address this. The closest thing I found referred to the suggestions I've already tried.

Does anyone know what's going on? I was using it perfectlty yesterday with no problem! I closed illustrator and opened it this morning and now this!!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Align cannot work when the text is selected with the text tool. You need to select objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Align cannot work when the text is selected with the text tool. You need to select objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! It's funny how the littlest thing can make ALL the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines