• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt drag stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the alt key to copy any object has stopped working. I click an object, then press alt key. The double triangle icon thing appears to indicate copy mode active.This indicates that it recognises the alt key. But when I release the object it does not copy. I've tried both alt keys but no difference. I've tried alt-drag and photoshop and that still works.

I also noticed that a similar issue is happening with shift key. For example, if using the line tool or the rectangle tool. I press shift and it applies as you expect - eg a straight horizontal line. I keep shift key held down and release the mouse. But even though the key is down it ignore the shift key rule and just draws the line where I released the mouse and therefore on an angle. And a rectangle does not stay square and so on.

My other programs on my computer still function as expected. Only happening with Illustrator - Version CC 22.0.1 (64-bit).

Driving me crazy! Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preference  would be my first try

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Reset all preferences to default settings

Resetting preferences can be helpful if you are having problems with the application.

• Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator. Your current settings are deleted.
    • Remove or rename the AIPrefs file (Windows) or Adobe Illustrator Prefs file (Mac OS). New preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but it still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I have noticed is it does occasionally work based on how I click and drag. For example text will sometimes work if I ensure when clicking and dragging I am exactly over the text line art when releasing the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any joy with this? 

I have the same problem here and tried all the fixes - no solve yet.

Mac Mini M1

AI 25.4.1

Any help apprecited 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it copy when using Transform pallette, or Move dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines