New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Access

--With ease

---Different language symbols

-For designing graphics 

I followed the tutorial in illustrator; but have not been able to get the necessary results to follow it thoroughly.

Application has not shown options or optional results when I attempt to change the text language to Arabic. 

Need guidance

Thank you

Cheers all

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

For all the features you're seeking, you need to install the Middle Eastern version of Adobe Illustrator. You can keep your existing copy of Illustrator which is "International English" for example and have yet another copy of Illustrator that supports Arabic, alternatively, you may remove existing copy of Illustrator from your machine then download a fresh copy with Arabic support.

Kindly follow the below steps to have two copies of Illustrator on your machine…

1_Install-other-language.jpg

1. Click on the “Account” icon f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/arabic-hebrew.html

Please tell us precisely what does not work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The small option panel, appearing in the attatched image, that presumably toggles the direction of the Arabic font from leftt to right does not appear: And the font/text does not change from english to arabic; even if I select Myriad Arabic or Adobe Arabic; And when I type it does not type as Arabic. I can copy and paste Arabic script but Illustrator does not connect the letters it only displays the individual form of the letters. Also, I can activate symbols from the glyphs panel in sequence and spell words in Arabic, but it is tedious and all of the sysmbols in arabic are not accounted for, such as: The double "fatah" over the "shada" adding the "-an" sound to letter.

The additional images are of other options that have not revealed themselves in the Illustrator panels.

PS - I have gone to edit>preferences>type, and selected Indic symbols prior to trying to use Arabic in the font panel.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For all the features you're seeking, you need to install the Middle Eastern version of Adobe Illustrator. You can keep your existing copy of Illustrator which is "International English" for example and have yet another copy of Illustrator that supports Arabic, alternatively, you may remove existing copy of Illustrator from your machine then download a fresh copy with Arabic support.

Kindly follow the below steps to have two copies of Illustrator on your machine…

1_Install-other-language.jpg

1. Click on the “Account” icon found on the top-right corner of the Creative Cloud desktop application and choose “Preferences”
  2. In the newly opened Preferences dialogue window, click on “Apps” on the left pane
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the window, from the “Default install Language” drop menu choose English يدعم العربية in order to have Arabic support in Adobe applications, then click the “Done” button.

2_install-older-version.jpg

4. Click on the three ellipses on the far right to Illustrator, then select "Other versions" 

5. Choose to install an older Illustrator version

This way you will end up with two versions of Adobe Illustrator on your machine, one of which provides maximum Arabic support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines