• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amazon Ad on Illustartor startup

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we paying for watching Amazon Prime production advertisement at Illustrator startup? How much does it cost to remove it?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

You can replace the splash screen with whatever you like by replacing these files:

DougARoberts_0-1664808342662.png

They'll reset if/when you update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that. Is this on a computer or iPad? If the former, Mac or Windows? Paid subscription or trial version?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actual Illustrator loading screen on paid subscription on PC looks like in attachment. With all respect for author - if this graphic was chosen just as example of creativity and/or Illustrator capabilities - this is obvious advertisement of new Amazon "Rings of Power" TV show. I'm using Adobe software for over 20 years and this is something new for me and I'm against such actions. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is an ad for Amazon so much as a promo for the artist.

https://www.behance.net/gosti_k

I guess if an artist does any work professinally or is inspired by a commercial project, then Adobe should ignore it?

Personally, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...Adobe should ignore it?" Yes and No. Two diffrent points of view here. Just as I've mentioned before. I've seen many awesome works used here but first with so obvious recognizable "inspiration" and I don't like it. The subject is actually controversial (see SM and online articles) and I think it is not good place and timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I'm avare that I'm sharing my personal opinion here but believe me I've discussed this subject with my friends, creators/Adobe users and just art sensitive people and feelings are mixed. Sadly mostly negative and thats why I've decided to start this topic. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is an ad for Amazon so much as a promo for the artist.

By @Creamer Training

It is 100% a marketing crossover with Amazon. A number of the 2022 apps currently use a Rings of Power-inspired splash page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obvious. This Creamer guy must be Adobe. Notice he will not reply when he know exactly what we are talking about. I have used Adobe products over half my life and have NEVER seen ads in the splash screen until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obvious. This Creamer guy must be Adobe.

By @jpmlc

Community Experts are not Adobe Staff.

The splash screens are a marketing crossover and it is documented like in here: https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2022/08/16/adventure-inspires-creativity-begin-your-journey-today-...

Lord of the rings (as well as other franchises) inspires designers all over the globe to create fan art. I don't even know what it's about, I couldn't care less. The splash screen appears for some seconds and then it's gone. My laptop usually runs for days until I reboot it, so I don't get to see that splash screen a lot.

The splash screens are not random artworks the team finds in portfolios. Adobe commissions artists to create an artwork in their signature style and as far as I know Adobe marketing collaborates with the artists on the subject of the artwork or even provide them a subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely independent software instructor for Microsoft and Adobe--self-employed since 1990. I never paid much attention to the startup screens as I'm usually working on a different monitor while the software is starting up. Now that I suspect it is paid advertising, I still don't care...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats great! They changed them back in the newest updated. Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much does it cost to remove it?

By @Mateusz5CE2

I would assume that there are blog posts out in the web on how to make your own. I won't post them here, because when altering the application in such a way, it might just stop working and you need to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How much does it cost to remove it?" - It was irony. My point is Creative Cloud is paid service. Those LOTR graphics are obvious 3rd party promo. Clever hidden behind creators artworks just to have excuse. Again - this is new practice. If we spending money to use app, we dont have to watch ads inside. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are ways to disable the Adobe splash screen if that is your desire. Check out this thread: P: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen - Page 2 - Adobe Support Community - 12249454

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can replace the splash screen with whatever you like by replacing these files:

DougARoberts_0-1664808342662.png

They'll reset if/when you update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines