• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor points & bounding box no longer showing bug - is enabled, updated and reset preferences

Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the last couple of days the bounding box for selected paths isn't showing with the direct selection tool. I can see it is selected in the layers panel and i can move it around etc, but I need to see the individual anchor points as I normally could.

As I stated in the title i have made sure bounding box is on in the options (have toggled it on and off to no avail), i have reset my preferences using the option in the menu, and now updated to the latest version. It seems like it works for a few seconds after I reset preferences, then stops working again.

Can anyone please help? I have a really important project with a looming deadline and this is really slowing me down.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

There are some settings like View > Show Edges and in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display > Show Anchor Points in Selection Tool and Shape Tools and Show handles when multiple anchor points are selected. Did you check those?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a füllscreen screenshot, please? With a selected element, layers panel (expanded) and visible View menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some settings like View > Show Edges and in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display > Show Anchor Points in Selection Tool and Shape Tools and Show handles when multiple anchor points are selected. Did you check those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd gone through all the options in preferences before but Show Edges in View was turned off, must have accidentally toggled it, it's fixed now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the usual suspects. A screenshot would have shown that.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines