• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor points not displaying and fluttering

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update in Illustrator, anchors and vectors are displaying differently and causing an immense amount of eye-strain. The colour is a broken mix of a dark grey and the colour of the Layer. When I hover over the artwork to see the anchors, I get a fluttering broken mix of these colours and it's incredibly straining on the eyes. Some anchors are the Layer colour and some are the dark grey.

I've tried different "Views" and can't figure out how to get it to look the same as previous to the update, where anchors and endpoints were all one consistent colour.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is only happening since the update then you should try a prefs reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this plus a system restart and it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issues have been reported a couple of times during the past months.

In case enabling the CPU preview (instead of GPU) in the View menu does not cure it, you may be facing some weird display issue that some users can reproduce sometimes (including myself), but some other users do not, claiming that they never have seen it at all.

I have seen it pretty often on different machines. More often on rather old machines, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm not sure what you mean by CPU vs. GPU in the View menu. I don't see anything with that description.

Interesting point about old machines. I currently am on a Late 2012, 2.9 GHz Quard Core with maxed out RAM slots, iMac that doesn't owe me anything. But it sucks that it just started happening with the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option is not visible to you?

Screenshot 2021-10-21 152750.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, interesting. No, it is not available for me. CC shows I'm all up to date on versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot indicates you're in CPU Preview.

What do you see under Preferences > Performance? Perhaps it hasn't detected your GPU -- or your GPU is not compatible.

Screenshot 2021-10-21 154541.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, the plot thickens! Looks like my GPU is not good enough anymore. [sigh...] Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 11.17.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the size of the anchor points in the preferences to see if it makes it any better? I have an old Mac, too but I'm not having any problems - I have my points fairly large so my student's can see them on my screen when teaching. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion! I did try this and unfortunately makes it a bit worse. Also now have a grey box that appears beside some anchor points. [see video attached]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yikes! I tried... I bought myself a new Macbook Pro last year - so far so good. My old iMac is still great for everything except PS.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines