• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated Gif´s

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning to all designers from the Adobe Creative community. I work with Illustrator to do infographics and I want to start making simple animated gifs with them. Is there a way to do this in Illustrator? What is the simplest application to do this? And can someone send me link´s of 'how to' of a reliable site (preferably free).

Thanks, ana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directly with Illustrator.

You can prepare the artwork, even the animation, but you cannot export animated GIF.

The closest you get it export PSD and then use Photoshop from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if Layers menu > Release to Layers or Release to Layers (build) will help you prep your artwork.

As @Monika Gause suggested, export to Photoshop maintaining layers. Use the layers in the Timeline (Frame Animation) panel to create the GIF. Export from Photoshop. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ana,

Instead of creating an animated GIF, you could also create an animated SVG directly from Illustrator. Draw the individual images in a file on artboards of the same size and then use my plug-in for the export: https://www.behance.net/gallery/124761797/Javascript-for-Illustrator-FrameByFrameSVGjsx

I plan to extend the capabilities of the plug-in, for example to make the SVG file smaller.

– j.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: 

And there is a small, new tool that creates pixel animations. You can also use SVG images from Illustrator. I have created a mini example with three frames. The three balls are each on an artboard, which I then exported as an SVG from AI. In Pixelmesh, I then combined the three images into an animation and exported it as aGIF. You can download all the files in a ZIP file from my website: https://www.computergrafik-know-how.de/download/ThreeImages.zip

ThreeImage.gif

Pixelmesh is available for Mac and Win. The demo version runs for 7 days. It costs USD 25.00. See https://nevercenter.com/pixelmash/.

- j.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines