• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated Zoom Deselects every time after closing Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more of an inconvenience than a problem. 

Anytime I close illustrator down and re-open it I have to go into preferences and select animated zoom again. It never use to do this and I'm wondering is this a bug or have I selected something I shouldn't have? 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your graphic card compatible?

Apart from that you can always try if resetting the preferences helps. This will erase all your settings. You might want to rename the preferences folder, so it can be undone just in case.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Yes it says it's compatible I'm running the new Mac M2 chip which I'm starting to think might be the issue here. Adobe software definitely isn't running as smoothly as compared to the older Intel chips. 

Unfortunately no luck with the reset and re launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @williamt0098,

Thanks for reaching out and trying the steps suggested by Monika. Would you mind confirming the exact version of macOS & Illustrator? Also, would you mind creating a new admin user account and checking if the same behavior can be replicable?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the drivers in your graphics card are up to date. Sometimes that can affect GPU-based effects like animated zoom.

I have one issue that is puzzling. I use Illustrator on my work desktop (a Dell XPS 8940) and notebook at home (Alienware X17). Both are running similar nVidia RTX GPUs, have fast CPUs, lots of RAM, etc. GPU-enhanced animated zoom works on both systems in color/preview mode. For some odd reason Illustrator lets my notebook do animated zoom in outline view but won't allow the same for my work desktop setup. There aren't any advanced settings in preferences to toggle on/off animated zoom in outline view. My work desktop setup has two 27" 1080p monitors that (I think) run at 60Hz. The display on my 17" notebook is a 120Hz 2160p UHD panel. Does the high refresh rate on the notebook panel turn on extra hidden options or something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines