• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated zoom no longer working in wireframe view

Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent Adobe Illustrator 26.1 update has disabled the animated "scrubby" zoom capability in outline view. It was working properly before the update. Now it does not work at all. I can't figure out a way how to undo that down-grade in application quality. There is nothing in the application's settings relating to animated zoom in wireframe view. The computer system I'm using is more than strong enough to handle scrubby zoom in outline view just fine (Alienware X17, 64GB of RAM, RTX 3070 GPU, 17" 4K 120Hz display). How do I fix this degradation in Illustrator performance?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue too, I was hoping that there was a solution to this, I guess not. I am on a Mac Mini M1 myself. This is very annoying and ruins the my workflow, just sayin'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrubby zoom just stopped working for me too, I wasn't even viewing in wireframe. This has happened very rarely in the past and in those cases I was able to restart Illustrator to get it working again. But now, even after a full system restart, GPU zoom is still greyed out. Extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This exact same thing was an issue a few versions back (maybe a year ago). And now this bug is back! Very frustrating as going in and out of outline view is part of my fast workflow. However, I discovered it's relatively easy to downgrade to earlier versions in Creative Cloud. I now have downgraded to 26.03 and it works fine again. (The only time I have used the Creative Cloud app to anything meaningful).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines