• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANIMATED ZOOM NOT WORKING AFTER USING "CTRL+Y" OUTLINE VIEW

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I have to restart 100 times a day my Illustrator 2022 if I want to activate back Animated Zoom after using Ctrl+Y Outline views ?

How to fix this problem?

Thank in advance!

I76700k

32gb ram

ssd

nvidia gtx950

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

illustratorsuperupdates.png

JUST DOWNGRADE - worked for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, "Animated Zoom" has never worked in Outline View (running Windows). It is a function of GPU acceleration, which may not apply in Outline View. Is Animated Zoom still unavailable after you switch back to Preview mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After quiting the Outline View the illustrator not activating back the gpu view, thanks to the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bought my Alienware X17 notebook last summer and first installed Adobe Illustrator on it I had animated zoom working in both outline and preview mode. It was pretty nice. Then an update somewhere along the line removed the animated zoom function in outline view. And now I can't get animated zoom to continue working even in full color preview mode. If I view a certain document in outline view at all and then switch back to full color preview the animated zoom function is disabled. "GPU Preview" is grayed-out in the View menu. I have to close the document and then re-open it in order for animated zoom functions to be restored. It's pretty annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. ¿Which Illustrator version do you have installed? Please check if there is some update available. I'm working with 26.1 and it works fine.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even reinstaled CC and Illustrator the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences can you not restart GPU without restarting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Alienware X17 notebook. It's running Win 10 Pro; the hardware is an 11th gen Core i7 CPU, RTX-3070 GPU, 64GB of RAM and 4K 120Hz display.

I can open an Illustrator AI file and use GPU-accelerated animated zoom. But if I ever view the artwork in Outline view and then switch back to full color preview the animated zoom is disabled. In the menu "GPU Preview" is grayed-out. This issue started happening in one of the maintenance updates leading up to the 26.1 update. The problem has existed ever since.

When I first bought this notebook late last Summer I was able to use animated zoom in both outline and preview mode. It was really nice, especially when viewed on a high refresh rate, UHD resolution display. Not having animated zoom feels like going back in time several versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the lastest firmware update for the Alienware X17 R1 notebook as well as an NVidia's latest update for the GeForce Experience Game Ready Drvier for the RTX-3070. The updates have made no difference with the animated zoom bug I see in Adobe Illustrator. The animated zoom functions still get disabled after viewing a document in outline view. And there is no animated zoom in outline view either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reinstalled all drivers and nothing changed. I can't use CTRL+Y - I don't have animted view! WTF Adobe? New updates again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST DOWNGRADE to older version } now i can have animated zoom even in ctrl+y mode 🙂illustratorsuperupdates.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I'm doing for now.. new update is useless 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustratorsuperupdates.png

JUST DOWNGRADE - worked for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines