• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated zoom not working in Illustrator 2021 (Ver 25.0)

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the new release of Illustrator today, and I can't get animated zoom to work. I have clicked it off and on, tried restarting, and nothing seems to work. Is there something I am missing?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Participant , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

I'm not sure what was going on yesterday, but today it is working just fine. I didn't even shut my computer down last night!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

View > GPU Preview worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Hello everyone,

I understand that some of you are experiencing an issue with the animated zoom feature not working in Illustrator. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Here are some important points to keep in mind:

• To use the Animated Zoom feature, please ensure that you are in Outline or Trim view.
  • When Overprint or Pixel Preview is selected, Animated Zoom and GPU Preview get disabled, which is expected behavior.
  • Please ensure that your GPU driver, Creative Cloud, Illus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to View> Overprint preview and unchecking it. I always accidentally turn that on and forget how to fix it haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not the issue for me. Had Overprint Preview toggled off all along.

I have a file that has images on a seperate layer.

When I turn it on I lose animated zoom and file visibitlity goes crazy because trasparency view is turned on.

When I turn off the trasparency view it only breaks animated zoom.

It's something way deeper than just Overprint Preview.

The whole view engine is messed up and Adobe should tackle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have this bug fixed. Shutting down illustrator every time I lose features such as this is a major annoyance. No love for Adobe lost when they can't get basic functionality to work consistently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having hte same issue in Ai 26.4.1

Already tried restarting my machine and toggling performance preferences on and off, with no avail. Anybody know what the issue is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use CTRL + E or CMD + E to turn on GPU view, happen to me, this command fix the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at 26.5 STILL animated zoom randomly stops working. When I try to do my usual keyboard shortcuts, I only get a box to draw - zooming in or out. This has been going on for months and months. Is Adobe EVER going to fix this? Toggling GPU on and off does nothing. I have a deadline in minutres, I don't need this always popping up at the wrong time. Fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command+E (Control+E) toggles on and off "View using GPU", can be accessed through the view menu, first option. This fixed it for me. Not sure why this would be such a prominent hotkey, must have been accidently pressing it often so have disabled it as hotkey too - Edit, Keyboard Shortcuts, toggle dropdown menu from Tools to Menu Commands, View tab, remove hotkey for "View using GPU"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been dealing with this issue for a while. 

Found the CPU/GPU View command.

Tried it and automated zoom worked for about 5 seconds then changed back.

Now "View using GPU" is greyed out and not an option. 

Will this issue EVER be addressed by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ntroll,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and the delayed response. Would you mind updating to v27.0.1? If that doesn't help, would you mind checking under a new admin user account (Mac/ Windows) and confirming whether Animated Zoom is working or not?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I understand that some of you are experiencing an issue with the animated zoom feature not working in Illustrator. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Here are some important points to keep in mind:

• To use the Animated Zoom feature, please ensure that you are in Outline or Trim view.
  • When Overprint or Pixel Preview is selected, Animated Zoom and GPU Preview get disabled, which is expected behavior.
  • Please ensure that your GPU driver, Creative Cloud, Illustrator & Operating System are up to date.

I hope this helps to clarify things for you. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We are here to help you.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your thoughtful answer, Anshul, but this isn't solving the problem. I have my file in View mode and I have Animated Zoom turned on. I'm on a new computer I got two weeks ago and everything is up to date. AI just started acting wonky this week. It has been slow, saving at a glacial pace, and even going into "Not Responding" mode frequently. Yesterday, AI did something I've never encountered in my life of using a computer:  The save function was so rigorous that it shut down one of my two monitors. I have no idea what the connection is but I have no problem with any of the rest of this system on anything else, and I work mostly in After Effects, which is a lot more demanding. Something is up with AI right now and making it impossible to work with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Damarco4u,

I'm sorry to hear that the previous solutions didn't work for you. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.

Would you mind providing additional information to further investigate and find a solution:

1. GPU make and model
  2. The exact version of Illustrator and OS
  3. Is this happening with a specific file or with all the files? If it's specific, could you share the file with us so that we can try to replicate the issue?

In the meantime, would you mind saving the file as a cloud document and seeing if that helps?

Please let me know, and we will do our best to help you with this.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines