Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying text shape problem

Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to get some text to conform to a specific shape, but it's doing stuff I don't want it to do.

Here's what's happening:

G5CD7_0-1654001291193.png

The bottom looks correct, but it's bending the TOP part slightly. How can I prevent it from doing that?

I achieved this by drawing a block there, selecting both and doing Envelope Distort -> Make with Top Object

Help?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

This would probably work better if you made 2 parts and distorted them with the free transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Also, make sure that the apostrophe is accurately aligned to the top of the other letters.

draktis_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

G5CD7,

In addition to what Monika and Kurt said, I (also) believe you will be happier if you start with a sharp inward corner at the bottom centre of the text and then round it later in a suitable way depending  on live/outlined, choice of general shape change, sun, moon, and weather.

Depending on the unshown artwork beneath, you may also consider the overall appearance at the sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would probably work better if you made 2 parts and distorted them with the free transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean cut the text in half horizontally?
And have the top half be square?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean cut it vertically at the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the Illustrator file (.ai) with the live Envelope object?

Also, which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, make sure that the apostrophe is accurately aligned to the top of the other letters.

draktis_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G5CD7,

In addition to what Monika and Kurt said, I (also) believe you will be happier if you start with a sharp inward corner at the bottom centre of the text and then round it later in a suitable way depending  on live/outlined, choice of general shape change, sun, moon, and weather.

Depending on the unshown artwork beneath, you may also consider the overall appearance at the sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, G5CD7.

I hope you will share your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines