• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Illustrator v25.0.1 later won't open CAD drawings DWG DXF - Getting error 2067 while opening

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been used to opening vector drawings from Gerber in ai format in Illustrator but since the new update I'm no longer able to open any of these files. I get a dialogue box with options to chose Text or AutoDesk Real DWG, but none of the options work. Selecting the text option just shows garbled text and the AutoDesk Real DWG option produces an error message: The operation could not be completed because of unknown error 2067. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know how to fix this??? Many thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues placing or directly opening DXF files that are created in Fusion 360 into Illustrator 2021.  No errors are given, it just come in as a blank page.  Yet the same DXF file views fine with an online viewer and also opens or places fine in Illustrator 2020.

I've just upgrade a lab of 20 devices with the latest version of CC (ie 2021) and now I'm going to have to go back an reinstall Illustrator 2020 so we can do our old workflows like we used to.

Please can someone from Adobe have a look at this/ comment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try updating the application to version 25.0.1 and let us know how it goes.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Yes the issue with dxf's from fusion 360 not placing in Illustrator 2021 is fixed in update 25.0.1 for me.

Thanks

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the most recent Illustrator trial and I am not able to open CAD files, which is the main thing I use illustrator for (I have a hard copy of CS6 and have never had a issue) I have not found any solution, is this being fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Is there any update on the DXF problem, Just updated to v 25.2.1 today and I'm now unable to open DXF files, getting the message "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [2067]" Not ideal as the majority of my work centres around opening DXF in Illustrator.

Any help would be much appricieated

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, not able to open (or place)  DWG or DXF files, error 2067.

Please fix!

Thanks, kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I has not been fixed wahtsoever. Please FIX THIS. WE RELY ON ADOBE TO WORK PROPERLY, THERE ARE DEADLINES AND OTHER THINGS GOING ON. THIS ISSUE HAS CARRIED ON FOR MONTHS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has STILL not been fixed - it is now July 22nd. 

Ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started getting this error, and it still pursists after I updated my application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work (version 25.4.1) after almost 1 year of waiting, reporting and begging for a solution.

Come on Adobe!

Kind regards, Koen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the most recent version of  illustrator and have the same problem .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now 11/17/2021 and the issue still stands. Not able to download older versions so now Im stuck. Work in architecture and really need this function fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, am using Illustrator 25.4.6, today 21st June - still can't open any dxf or dwg files supplied by client.

Working on Mac Pro, with OS Mojave.

In the past I was able to take both dxf and dwg files and open in Illustrator. NOT happening anymore.

I see this issue has been going on for a very long time. Please advise how to overcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chris Kunnert,

We are sorry for the trouble. If you are getting a "Dxfdwgfileformat.aip" missing error. I would like to inform you that we updated RealDWG from the 2022 version to RealDWG 2023 to fix an issue. RealDWG 2023 is only supported for macOS 10.15 or later, so now you have the following options to resolve the issue:

1. Upgrade to macOS 10.15 or newer.

2. Upgrade Illustrator to recent version 26.3.1

3. Install an older version, i.e., v25.4.5.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul.

The error in question in regards to the DXF's not opening is not the ""Dxfdwgfileformat.aip" missing error". Most people have stated that they have up-to-date macOS, and have tried both the most recent Illustrator update in addition to an older version.

The error most people seem to be getting is "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [2067]". I have attached a screenshot of this message. 

If you could offer any solutions pertaining to this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SpiritusTD @Chris Kunnert,

I am sorry for any confusion. There was a known issue with the specific Illustrator version that Chris has mentioned, v25.4.6. So, I tried helping him out or anyone else who has that issue just in case. However, Chris has neither error "2067" nor "Dxfdwgfileformat.aip" missing error.

I have checked many DXF/ DWG files which other users have shared with me via DM, and it seems those files were exported from an older version of "AutoCad" or a third-party application that uses old libraries of AutoCad to generate these files. So, try re-exporting them with the newer version of AutoCAD, and let me know if you still face this issue or not.

If you need your DXF or DWG files converted into Illustrator files, please DM your file to me, and I will try my best to deliver it to you ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul

Many thanks for the prompt response.

We have no control over how the dxf dwg files are saved at the client's end, no control over what what version software they are using.

The point is: we have NEVER had issues opening/converting those type files in Illustrator when sent to us in the past. 

This is a NEW problem which apparently to this day has not been solved.

Hope this helps

p.s. have just tried to upload here a sample "dwg" file but message shown "it is not supported"

Regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me @Chris Kunnert. Would you mind sharing the download link to the file? If yes, steps are shared here. I will check the DWG/ DXF files at my end and will get back to you. You can also share the file privately with me via DM.

Looking forward to the files.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul

Many thanks for the info.

I have updated system to Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

I have updated Illustrator to 26.3.1

Illustrator still does NOT open dxf or dwg files see screengrab attached.

This is having serious effect on our workflow and loss of time trying to find out how to finish jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having similar issues with opening .dwg files in Illustrator 2022 now, hoping a solution has been found.

We have previously encountered this and had a work around to save .dwg CAD files simplified and saved to 2007 for compadibility, this "fix" appears to be no longer working. Can you advise how we can open .dwg files or export settings for cad to resolve this?

-Nadine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only seeing this thread for the first time 2 months after it was first posted since someone else bumped it. Anyway, most industry-specific sign design applications, such as Gerber, tend to do better exporting files in Adobe Illustrator AI or EPS format for use in applications like Illustrator or CorelDRAW. I have a lot of experience using apps like CASmate and Flexi and usually those have worked best exporting EPS or AI files rather than formats like DXF or DWG. Export glitches are still possible.

One thing I also usually do is convert any live text objects to outlines/curves before exporting. Some sign making applications have used their own proprietary font formats (CASmate used its own SCF format, which Flexi still supports). But those odd font formats won't be maintained in a file export. Even if the layout is using standard TTF, T1 or OTF fonts things like tracking and line spacing can be affected. I get driven nuts just moving artwork between CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator for how wacked out active type objects can arrive in the rival application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Illustrator 25.1 suddenly won't open .dxf files. I had to uninstall and reinstall 25.0.1.

Easy fix, but a pain in the @$$.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, Unfortunately I'm still not able to open Dxf files even with the newest Illustrator. I just uninstalled my Illustrator and installed the latest version but still no luck. Thanks, Zoe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Same problem here - doesn't work even with version 25.01 or with reinstallation. 

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines