• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone ever have Illustrator randomly remove your work/files?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mainly work from Adobe Illustrator and save it to the Creative Cloud so me and my team at work can work off one document. After downloading the update  for AI Wednesday night, when I woke up Thursday morning all of the files I've been working on in AI from the Creative Cloud were gone. Folders are now sending me back to libraries from months ago as if no work has been done in weeks. Some libraries were completely missing. I had many important files saved in these libraries for work that I really hope are not gone. This ever happen to anyone and I hope if so, there's a solution???

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini  can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jonathan236523024b3m,

We are sorry to hear about that. I would request you to share a few details like:

• OS and the exact version of the  updated Ai installed on your device
  • Are you facing the same issue with other applications as well in the Creative Cloud?
  • Are you using a personal or business/ team/ enterprise Adobe Account?

Also, please check if you are able to locate your files on the assets website (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents) under synced files, Cloud Documents, or Mobile Creation.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini

-I am using MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) - Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, macOS Monterey (version 12.3);

-I am using Adobe Illustrator 2022. Version 26.1

-Not to my knowledge am I facing the issue with other applications in Creative Cloud, though to be frank, Adobe Illustrator is the one I use mainly (95% of the time over the other apps)

-I am using a business account (jbarnes@urbanleaguela.org)

Note: Another person on the account left our business last month and I am wondering if her account being removed from our business had something to do with me possibly losing some of my latest AI files because a lot of the files were ones she created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details @Jonathan236523024b3m

The documents may have been moved to your business or personal Account.

Please go to this website (https://account.adobe.com/) sign in to your Adobe account with your email and password. Then, go to Account and security > Sign-in and security > Turn off the Select my profile automatically option. Then next time you sign in, you will get an option to select a personal or business profile. Then you may go to this website (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents) login and check with both the profiles. If documents show up in any of the profiles, then you can transfer them to the desired profile. Steps are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/transfer-assets.html

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines