• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

appearing white line when using crop image

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I'm not good at eng. Please understand me.

I am satisfied with illustrator's crop image tool. But when using this tool, white line appears each side. If i crop again right side that white line appear on, It appear on left side. And crop Left side, then it appears on other side again.

20170411_100137.jpg

20170411_100146.jpg

20170411_100211.jpg

20170411_100233.jpg

20170411_100241.jpg

this event happen over 8times....

I keep cropping cropping croppping.....

plz help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Looks like the problem described in this thread:

Re: How does the crop function work?!

When the resolution of the image is not 72 ppi or a multiple of 72 than most of the time white line(s) appear at the edges when cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Try to rasterize your image, then the line does not appear

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer. But when I use photoshop crop tool, it doesn't happen. Only when using illustration's new function,image crop tool, it happen... so your link are not suitable for me sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for anwer. But it doesn't happen when using photoshop crop tool... only using illustrator's image crop tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 허효원

From the conversation above, it seems that you are facing issue with Illustrator. I am moving over this discussion to our Illustrator forum space so that an expert can help you.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! quick answer thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you only cropping or do you change resolution as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i ..just only used image crop tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no problem in my side

01_Crop.png

02_Crop.png

Please try cropping a little more just to check.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case... same problem reapeats....so sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your file to investigate please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make a discover:

Sometimes if you are using the "Align to Pixel Grid' Feature ON. This white line appears.

I can't reproduce the error but happens

PixelGrid.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

When cropping an image in Illustrators new crop tool, it will sometimes add a white line to a random side of the image.

After a few quick tests it looks like this occurs randomly.

After trying to force it to happen it looks like if the first crop didnt produce a line, no further amount of cropping will produce a line. If you do get a line on the first crop, you might get rid of it by further cropping, but they can accumulate...

Image pasted into Illustrator from windows clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the problem described in this thread:

Re: How does the crop function work?!

When the resolution of the image is not 72 ppi or a multiple of 72 than most of the time white line(s) appear at the edges when cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 허효원,

That indeed seems to be the same issue. We were able to reproduce and have reported it to the development team. You can report it as well, please check this link: Illustrator Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a year later and this problem STILL EXISTS. FIX YOUR PRODUCT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image is already a raster file. When would you rasterize it, before or after crop? I don't believe that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rasterized before cropping and it worked. The first time it crashed the illustrator several times. I then tried to do the same with a different machine and it worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having what might possibly be a related issue. I cropped a large image in Illustrator and it resulted in a thin white line that ran across the width of my imported Photoshop CMYK TIF. It wasn't at or near the edges, but right across the full width of the image. I had done it on some smaller files earlier with no issues, but this was a large, banner-sized image at full resolution (300 dpi) so I was wondering if that was somehow the contributing factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years later, this bug *still* exists. Happening to me in 2021, exactly as OP described. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was occuring for me on a 300dpi scanned photograph; a single, light line across the middle of the picture no matter how many times I cropped.

The solution for me, as suggested by another user, was to use the Rasterize option before cropping. You would expect a 300dpi raster image to be unaffected by a Rasterize > 300dpi process and indeed it seemed identical after the process. However, the Crop function then occurred without placing the curious light line across the centre of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rasterizing doesn't fix the issue, as some posters have suggested. Why would I need to change the dpi of my photos from 300 to a multiple of 72? This is ridiculous. I have still not found a solution to this problem. This is not an inexpensive program. How is this not fixed 5 years after this initial post? I've had to move my work into a different program just to finish. Fix your product, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines