• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying a different brush to a path that is already drawn

Engaged ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply a different brush to a path drawn with the pencil tool and the default brush. The path consists of a 1 pt stroke, and I used the Width tool on it. I went through all of the brush options by opening them from the Library and after applying them it makes my path much larger than I want, even though it is a 1 pt stroke. Is there a way to apply one of these brushes and make the size of it smaller?

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

To edit the options for the brush (all around in the file) double click the brush.

If you want to edit the brush setting just for one selected stroke, click this button:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 19.17.49.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 19.17.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The width of a brush stroke is determined by the width of its original artwork. The stroke width does just multiply this.

So 1 Pt makes the original width. If you want it thinner, enter values that are smaller than 1, such as 0,3 or the like. Or use the brush stroke options to make it smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the value worked. Where are the brush stroke options you mentioned? I do not see it in the Brush Panel.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To edit the options for the brush (all around in the file) double click the brush.

If you want to edit the brush setting just for one selected stroke, click this button:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 19.17.49.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-05-20 um 19.17.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines