• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic text is correct direction, but period goes to the right, not left at end of sentence.

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with the period in Arabic. When I copy and paste Arabic text into my multilingual document, it moves the period to the right(at the beginning of the sentence) instead of left(at the end of the sentence). The Arabic characters all read from right to left, just not the period. Does anyone have a fix for this?

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

In order to fix this, you need to have Middle Eastern version of Illustrator. Open Paragraph panel, highlight your text, then click to select "Right-to-Left Paragraph direction"

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 5.54.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to fix this, you need to have Middle Eastern version of Illustrator. Open Paragraph panel, highlight your text, then click to select "Right-to-Left Paragraph direction"

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 5.54.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the full stop on the right issue also, but is it possible to have both the Middle Eastern Version of Illustrator and the English version installed at the same time? If so, I can't work out how to install the middle eastern version despite following the support instructions on your website?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to have this extra Paragraph option for right-to-left paragraph direction.

I am using the most updated version of Adobe Illustrator (v 26.2.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @swoosh18,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to share a few details like:

• Please confirm if you have installed the MENA version of Illustrator. (It seems it is installed just want to double-check)
  • Is this happening in a specific file or text box or all? Is this happening in the new document as well?
  • Which font are you using?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, please check if reinstalling the MENA version help resolve the issue or not.

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks!

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to earlier response, you may also check out this help article about Arabic typing. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Paragraph Options, try checking the "Roman Hanging Punctuation".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines