Are there any method to edit the text after create outline without duplicate an editable layer?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any method to edit the text after create outline without duplicate an editable layer as backup?
i feel very happy after I used the function in indesign with "FLAT TEXT" in transparency flattened in export setting , ai quite inconvenience when edit the text after create outline....... 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cam,

I am afraid the long answer is no.

Have you no backup from before the outlining?

It is always recommended to save the original artwork before doing something destructive; and to save often and in different places.

Maybe the best way is to rewrite the text and place it on top of the outlined part; to align you can tick Use Preview Bounds in the Preferences, then use the Effect Path>Outline Object, this will make the live Type act (almost) like the outlined text, and then you can use the Align panel; remember to select both and then click the outlined text again to make it the key object that stays in place.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines