• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Area type not flowing through shape

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to fill a shape with text, but when I choose the area type tool, it will fill only the top line of the shape with text and then the overflow symbol appears, even though there's lots of room in the shape for more text, if it would just wrap and continue.  What am I doing wrong??

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Thank you all for your replies.  The email notifications went to my spam folder, so I didn't realize there were any until just now.  I went back in to Illustrator and had no issues filling a shape with text this time.  I can't imagine what was going on that day that prevented it, but probably a restart would have solved it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@haleyw27719892 

There is an overset indicator in the lower right showing that you have more text and it doesn't fit.

• Try flowing it into a second frame to see if that works.
  • It could be leading or paragraph spacing, for example. Select your text with the Type tool (Cmd/Ctrl+A) and show a screen shot with the Pararagraph and Character panels.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you just drag a rectangle with the standard type tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @haleyw27719892,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Jane & Ton's suggestions, if your goal is to simply fill the shape with text. Please check out the video I attached. Just simply create a shape. You can even create a shape with a pen tool. Then select the text tool and click on any anchor point when you see the cursor icon has a circle instead of a square.

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your replies.  The email notifications went to my spam folder, so I didn't realize there were any until just now.  I went back in to Illustrator and had no issues filling a shape with text this time.  I can't imagine what was going on that day that prevented it, but probably a restart would have solved it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it's sorted for you @haleyw27719892 . I've marked your answer "Correct".

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that @haleyw27719892.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists or if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines