• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arranging order of multiple document windows (3-up)

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m using the "Arrange documents" button (top right) to view 3 documents at once. I get 2 smaller windows stacked on top of each other to the left, and 1 bigger to the right. Fine, but I want to be able to choose which document goes where. Say, document #3 ends up in one of the small windows but I want it in the big window. How do I change that?

Skärmavbild 2022-09-21 kl. 10.33.31.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This cannot be influenced. The order in which the documents were created or opened will always be used. Of course nothing stops you from re-arranging your workspace, of course, and moving windows where you want them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first open your artboard Panel and drag your artboards to the wished position in the hierarchy of the panel. Then rearrange again. (It may be you will need some try and error with the first files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did a little try-and-error before and it seems to work like you said. First I consolidate all documents (1 window with three tabs), and I keep track of what document is currently active, then press "Arrange documents". Apparently, the active window (in consolidated mode) always ends up top left when switching to 3-up mode. So far I have not been able to determine what causes a document to end up in the big window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines