• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard exported file gets larger with higher ppi values - Driving me crazy for a long time!!!

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a lot of content in a 2048px by 2048px artboard and I always save everything at 300ppi.
The problem is that everytime I export any artboard that is 2048px by 2048px at 300ppi it always exports into a 8534px by 8534px 300ppi file, if I set ppi to a higher value, the exported file gets even bigger. I get the logic here, but I want to know how do you guys export files that you need to have a specific resolution and a specific ppi?

I've tried using lower artboard size, like 491px by 491px at 300ppi, to give me a 2047px by 2047px 300ppi file (close enough), but the problem is that the quality is horrible when I use this method, not considering I have to calculate the ratio everytime I need to export anything that's not 2048px by 2048px.

To my knowledge, the only way around this is exporting a 2048px by 2048px at 300ppi file, and then use Photoshop to resize the exported file (8534px by 8534px at 300ppi) into my original artboard size (2048px by 2048px at 300ppi).

So my big question is: Does anyone know any method that will export artboards as they are originaly, whatever the resolution, whatever the ppi?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Export at 72 ppi and assign the resolution later in Photoshop without resampling to keep the pixel amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export at 72 ppi and assign the resolution later in Photoshop without resampling to keep the pixel amount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to keep the pixel dimensions, export at 72 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines