• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard name will sometimes reset to last named version.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happen on two computers:

MacBook pro 2017 Catalina 10.15.7

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Monterey 

While the layer palette, if you name a layer, then switch to another app, then come back, a random layer is reset to its previous name. if you fix it, it then has a tendency to change again.

It doesnt happen enough to stop my work, but it get real close to cause my work to be harder.

If you arent aware the layer changes and you mass export, then the icon will be mis-named.

Saving does not prevent this naming reset from happening.

I have a freash instal on the M1 chip Mac pro

anyone?  i feel I may be a one-off with this lagacy issue.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this may be some bug hope some update fixes it soon...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen since you began using Illustrator on that computer? Or did it start later?

In the preferences turn off "Save in background" - it sometimes interferes with saving files.

Apart from that: Did you already reboot the computer?

And/or reset the preferences? (this will erase all your settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika, 

this happened on my work computer of 4 years, and then with freash instal, happened on the 2021 ma pro M1

Its just a random arboard name that will not like to be renamed and reverts to its previous value.

evn after a save, it more an annoyance because its not a show stopper, but I hate the idea that my file goes out to the client named --TEMPLATE NAME-- because it happened silently, I mean I def QA my stuff, but when its 430 icons....😤

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jason Zeringue,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. As this is very intermittent and we are unable to replicate it on our end, I would request you to share a few details like:

• The exact version of  Ai installed on your M1 Macbook Pro
  • When did this start happening on the old work computer? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Is this happening with some specific files? Are these old or new files?
  • Would it be possible for you to share a download link to the file in which you are facing this issue here or via DM?
  • A small video recording of the issue will be really helpful for us.

Also, have you tried resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html)? If not, please try and let us know how it goes.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Correction to my original post!

I said layers but meant   ---ARTBOARD names ----  not layer names 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I thought I was going crazy. Five of the last ten artboards I have renamed have reverted back to their original names. This is completely slowing down my workflow. 

Mac Studio 2022 M1 Max Ventura 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I thought I was going crazy. Five of the last ten artboards I have renamed have reverted back to their original names. This is completely slowing down my workflow. 

By @Jackerton21

When are they doing that? After opening the file? Or while working in it?

Is it a Cloud file? Or saved locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens while working on the locally saved file. 

I began again today after a restart of my computer and kept a watchful eye on the Artboards panel after every step I took. 

1. Option-dragged to copy an artboard. It was my 28th artboard on the canvas.

2. Switched to PowerPoint to copy text for artboard name. Highlighted text and copied with command-c

3. Switched back to Illustrator. Double-clicked text for artboard 28 and pasted text.

4. Scrolled up on Artboard window where artboard 28 was not visible. 

5. Scrolled back down and artboard name had reverted back. 

6. Pasted the name a second time. Artboard name did not revert back. 

I will update if I notice anything different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might get difficult to reproduce and thus to solve, but you might want to report it as a bug. Probably add a video recording of it happening. https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jackerton21,

Thanks for reaching out. I assume you are running Illustrator 2023 (v27.2). Reading your issue description, it seems this behavior is happening randomly, and it would be hard to replicate & record a video for this.

However, if you are able to replicate the issue at your end, would you mind sharing a small screen recording demonstrating this behavior? Also, in screen recording, please enable the on-screen keyboard so we can see if the cmd + v is getting pressed or not, as there have been some cases in the past where shortcuts don't work when a third-party app like MS Office, Chrome, etc. running simultaneously with Illustrator.

Also, you can post this on UserVoice, as Monika suggested, in front of the engineers and product teams.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines