• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

artboard resize display error

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i resize my artboad in illustrator cc (smaller for example from 450 to 420mm) it does it but the old artboard boundaries are still visible, and won’t go away. it’s weird and annoying. adobe needs to fix this problem.Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 17.01.25.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we need more information to help you. Which version of Adobe Illustrator are you using? Which OS are you running the software on? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is adobe illustraor version 2021 (25.4.1), on mac os catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you resize the artboard or did you resize an object on the artboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i resized the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you see to the left is the size of the artboard previous to the resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The left side? Rather looks like the right side.

It would help to see the whole picture. Before and after. And the leyers panel. Opened, so the contents of layers are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try a prefs reset?

Have you restarted your computer?

This happens on all docs, old and new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset prefs, restarted illustrator. still there.

it just started with new documents, and didn’t in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just guessing, but are you perhaps talking about the red boundary in your screenshot?

If so, this may be just the bleed marker / guide. Have you already checked that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the red bleed marker corresponds to the new resized artboard and is correct.

it is the area to the right that remains and is weird.

i just made a new document and resized the art board and it worked. strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is probably an object on that artoard. Objects don't get adjusted automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that isn’t the issue, but (see above) it may be what is happening in the background, that some object is shown correctly but has an internal placement that is odd or in error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check in the Artboards panel if you have multiple artboards on top of each other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes. look people i have been using illustrator professionally and academically for at least 20 years. i rarely make really fancy stuff but have done so in the past. most of the time things work well (except for the mathematical inaccuracies on the positioning of objects: three places after the decimal things get very shaky). the documents in question are simple flat art on three layers, and like others which i have built hundreds of times (and resized) in the past. this phenomenon is new, and i am there is sone sort of programming or preference or whatever bug at the root of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, this may be an indication as to the root of the problem (this is aimed at the adobe staff & their programmers). in the problem file one of the objects on the art board shows very strange x values (-4675mm instead of 25mm) and although i reset the zero point the value remains. the only fix that i have been able to implement is after the restart opening a new file, copying all the elements over and distributing them to their appropriate layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines