Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artboard ruler width

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all;
Is it not possible to widen/broaden the artboard ruler in AiCC ... for better viewing?

Compare the screenshots below:
Screenshot below shows the ruler in a PsCC artboard—5x5", 72ppi.

artboard-ruler-pscc.jpg

Screenshot below shows the ruler in a AiCC artboard—5x5", 72ppi.

(continued... scroll down)

artboard-ruler-aicc.jpg

Notice how much narrower the ruler on AiCC is compared to the ruler on PsCC. Why is this? If there is a way to widen/broaden the ruler on AicCC, PLEASE share 'cause I cannot find it anywhere (maybe it's because  there is none and all this is moot point...)

My desktop screen is 20" from my face and even tho' I wear corrective eyewear, the hatch marks on the AiCC ruler are quite small, and if the UI is switched to a darker shade they become unreadable. Even IdCC, like PsCC, has a (much) better ruler than AiCC.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you are saying, but I don't know of a way to make the rulers wider/deeper in Illustrator. I just compared UI scaling in Illustrator (in Preferences > User Interface) and did not notice a difference in the rulers after I enlarged the UI.

That seems to be different than in Photoshop, where the rulers scale a bit with the UI scaling.

The best place to post this would be Illustrator User Voice https://illustrator.uservoice.com

You can suggest this as a feature, and other users can upvote it - and it gets read by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interseting.... never heard anyone ask for this before.  I do not think you can.  Or at least I never heard of anyone doing this in Illustrator.

If there is not a solution then check out this link.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines