Artboard size and saved image size is different?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an illustrator file with artboard size 200x200px. When I save the image to PNG and click on property of the image, its showing 834x834px. I don't know why this is happening. I wanted the image size to be 200x200px same as the artboard
Please help 🙂 1.JPG2.JPG
3.JPG

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export at 72 PPI instead of 300.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming you used Export As rather than Export for Screens

Illustrator uses points for pixels, so Export As would create a PNG that is 200 points (in this examples) at 300 ppi--or 834 pixels.

Based on your artboard size, you are probably making a web-type graphic. Try using Export for Screens for greater control. 

David Creamer
Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Professional, and Adobe Certified Expert (since 1995)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines