• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artwork changing when saving file

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having an issue where some of the artwork in my Illustrator file changes when I save it even though I didn't make those changes.

I open a PDF file in Illustrator (the PDF was originally created in Illustrator) and "save as" to a PDF with a different file name. When I do this, some of the strokes change even though I didn't make those changes. 

Any ideas how this can be fixed? Is this a bug? 

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us details of exactly what changes how. Screenshots help understand.

Also: did the PDF have an embedded AI file or did you import the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinred.pngOriginalred.png 

Thanks for your response. Attached are a couple of screenshots. You can see that the red curves are different. This happened just by saving the PDF in Illustrator using "Save As".

I don't believe the PDF had an embedded AI file. I just opened the PDF using Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the PDF look inside the Layers panel? Are there more than one layer?

Are there clipping masks (lot of them)?

How does the PDF look when you open it in Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't tell the scale from this but are you zooming in very close to a small pair of pants? If so are you viewing one with CPU preview and the other with GPU preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

1. Check in the Appearance panel if the path has an Effect applied.
  2. Although it is not common nowadays, some paths could be problematic if they were created incorrectly. Try simplifying the path: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/simplify_paths.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines