• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artwork invisible in Illustrator

Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if anybody can help with this problem...

I only updated to v26.31 last week, hoping it was stable, but it's not been a straightforward update.

the main issue I have is that I've opened up an old illustrator file I need to edit and I cannot see any of the shapes or text that exists on the artboard. If I switch to outline mode I can see the shapes and text but when I switch back to Preview, the objects become invisible again, even though they are there and can be selected. You can even see them in the Layers window. Screengrabs attached.

This isn't occuring on other files - I can open everything else fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Spoke to the support team and resolved it by deleting all Preferences, which is not something I'd wanted to do. It seems every time there's an update, it's glitchy and I end up having to reset everything. Pointless asking me if I want to retain Preferences each time I choose to update then...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what happens in that file, but if th only elements ar 2 paths and some test text I would try to recreate it in a new document and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted some of my client's text and icons for privacy protection but the shapes I've added and the test text are reacting in exactly the same way the original items were. If I paste the items into a new document they become visible again. The 'invisible' items are still visible when I place them into InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spoke to the support team and resolved it by deleting all Preferences, which is not something I'd wanted to do. It seems every time there's an update, it's glitchy and I end up having to reset everything. Pointless asking me if I want to retain Preferences each time I choose to update then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines