Artwork version reverting randomly over network

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys

Just wondering if any of you've ever experienced doing changes on a file, clearly saving the file (even in another folder) and a PDF only to have one or the other be the old version or both reverting. This is save over LAN and happens on small to large files. Happens randomly. It is definitely not just human error when saving, I've even had it happen on small simplistic artwork where something like a colour change overall was saved, PDF saved and then on opening the next day was back to the previous. 

Along with this, something else noticed is that when you open up a file again (even on the same day / within an hour or less of saving / closing) for a moment the previous version flashes on screen only to be then replaced by your last / most recent work. This indicates to me that somehow, somewhere the unchanged version is being stored somehow. 

We work on Macs ranging from 2015 - 2018 models, my machine and the other machine I've picked this up on are on Big Sur, whereas the rest are on Catalina still. Using 2021 / 2022 Illustrator. 

We run a gigabit network, though some are accessing using wifi, though most are connected via the cable. I've instructed people to rather work locally on their macs and save to the drive, but it's difficult to enforce this. I've also turned off the beta trial "Optimised for Network saving", not sure if that is somehow doing this, but it was on when this was happening. 

So this does not happen a lot, but it's all over the show in terms of artwork complexity and size when it happens, but the one thing in common is (as far as we can tell) if we are working off and onto the network directly.  

Your assistance is welcome and thank you for taking the time to read and to comment|!

Enjoy your day. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an addition, we use a miniMac as our "Server" but we save onto a G-Drive that is connected to the miniMac 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines