• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attention Developers: Recommended features to improve Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) It is extremely annoying that when using Illustrator I cannot create a "new" document, see the pre-populated page options at the top of the screen and choose one IF I have any other documents open.  If a document is currently open, and I go to create a NEW document, it automatically defaults to the OPEN WITH TEMPLATE option.  I don't want a template.  I want to create a new basic 8.5x11 page.  In order to do that, I have to CLOSE all of my open documents.  Then, when I go to create a NEW document, it will let me, and show me the default page sizes from which I can choose.  I think it should show those options each and every time I select create NEW document.  It doesn't.   Can you fix this?

2) When using Illustrator I prefer to work in INCHES.  However, the default is always set on POINTS.  When I go to PREFERENCES and change it to INCHES, it doesn't stay that way.  I want it to be my own personal default unless I choose to change it.  But with each new document, it reverts back to POINTS.  This is also very annoying.

3) When I change the UNITS to INCHES in PREFERENCES, it does not change the UNITS in the prepopulated page options when creating a new document.  Everything still shows up in POINTS.  It would be nice if the system reset it to whatever the user chooses as their UNIT preference.   If I set my desired UNIT to INCHES, it should show up as INCHES on everything else I do throughout the system (until I tell it otherwise).   This has always been a problem.  AND, I would like it to STAY on INCHES until I change it.   It always defaults back to POINTS.  It is an extra step I have to take each and every time I create a new document.  I just want it to always be set on INCHES, and I want to be able to create a new DOCUMENT while other documents are open, and be able to choose the page size from the default menu. But I can't.

Fix these three things, and I will be a much happier Illustrator user.  (P.S.  I have been using Illustrator since 1988, after it was first developed to work on the original Apple Macintosh computer.) 

I'd be happy to share screen shots of what I'm referring to if it would help the developers understand what I am talking about.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you want can be done with New Document Profiles.

You can setup a document with your preferred size and units and save it with a recognizable name as a document profile.

I prefer to use the Legacy "File New" interface to select it when creating a new document.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/create-custom-new-document-profile.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines