• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

• Auto synchronise text corrections in duplicate textfield, possible?

Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I work in an agency that designs packagings.

Sometimes the back of some packagings are split in two and we have to deliver artworks where for example the nutritional values table has to be duplicated (it depends on the keyline we receive).

The concern we have is that when the nutritional values table is duplicated and the client asks us for text corrections, some designers forget to make the changes in the duplicated table (which originally contains exactly the same information, it has only been duplicated).

From there my question,
is there any way that when someone makes text changes in the table,
these text corrections are automatically made/synchronised in the second table?

I have attached an example of a table, the grey vertical line simulates the split

Thank you, 

- Dimitri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are two labels on the split packaging in a single AI file? If so I would make it into a symbol.

If they're separate files, you could place the information as a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Doug -

Thx for your reply  🙂

YES, it's a single .AI file.

I was thinking about a symbol.

The "problem" I have with it is that (if I'm not wrong) they may NOT contain a linked image, right?

And I have one in the nutritional table, under the headline (you don't see it in my screenshot since I removed it).

And I can't embed it into the symbol, since it changes for a lot of artworks (depending of what we we call here the "cluster").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines