• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic coloring by book no longer working in Illustrator - what has been your work around?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently opening older AI files which have pantones saved as I never deleted them from swatches and their information remains and i've been able to use them.

Beyond that for new colors I am having to manually input the information and manually make swatches because the pantone connect which YES I do have a subscription to won't auto color artwork using the color wheels as we use to be able to do?

Am I missing something and we are still able to globally recolor all colors to the cloest pantone or do I have to continue manually inputting the color information and making swatches with the names of the pantone number? 

TOPICS
Feature request , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest method might be to install an earlier version of Illustrator and grab the color books from it. Then install in your current version.

And report this to Pantone. Maybe they are able to make that feature available. After generally fixing their extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest finding the Pantone Version 4 .acb files on the web and install them manually in your color books folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines