• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically create a placed JPG @ 300dpi

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make books, I have made over 1,000 books. Every time, to ensure there is no banding on gradients, missing fonts, incorrectly printed transparrencis. I export all my artboards as 300 dpi JPGs then import each one, then place each one in each artboard. This could easily be automated. Simply convert artboards to 300 dpi jpg... please?

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jpegs are lossy and would cause banding. You may have been misled into thinking jpegs are a solution for banding. Nonetheless will answer your questions.

Use Object >> Rasterize to bitmap your graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect, @ 300 DPI it prints VERY sharp and clear, I have printed over differnt 1,000 publications. Even @ 150dpi its not bad.

Rasterizing makes everything one solid bitmapped image. I need each artboard to be seperately rasterized for publication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious why you are doing it this way and not using pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export as pdf with placed JPGs. When I simply exported the PDF as vector. the transparrencies sometimes came back solid black, the gradients had strange color effects and it you didnt outline or include every font it would cause an error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an example for you, I created a gradient mesh and exported the vector as PDF in high quality print. The one on the right was eported as a 300dpi jpg then place then exported as a PDF, this is what I am asking to be automated.

The first comment said jpgs cuase banding, which I have never seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you make the final PDF? Do you print them?

And how do you view the PDF? That doesn't look like Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export my artboards as 300 DPI jpgs, then I place them in the artboards and export the PDF.

The preview was just my ppreviewer on my mac, it shows how distorted exporting gradient meshes can appear. Whe I sued to just export vector PDF files with gradients it would always come back distorted so I started placeing JPGs and have had no problems since. Just tyring to find a more automated way to do this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishers print them, Aamzon KPD, lulu, authorhouse, B&N etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Publishers print them, Aamzon KPD, lulu, authorhouse, B&N etc...

By @tobymikle

OK, then it makes sense to give them only the most basic kind of file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines