• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avery label template-printing labels irregularly

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using an Avery label template downloaded from their website to attempt to print labels onto said labels. They all seem to be lined up just right and then when I go to print them only sometimes do they actually print centered on the labels. They also sometimes print slightly angled so the lines of the bottom of label and printed area are not parallel. I have tried multiple printers, re-installing printer drivers, un-installing and re-installing Illustrator.

Any guidance of what to try next?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could provide some photos of what's happening?

Also: this is not just the paper being dragged into the printer in the wrong way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it could be a printer issue, but I have tried with two separate printers with the same results. 

label example picture.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither Illustrator nor a printer driver will cause a print to be just slightly angled. This is an issue with the paper being dragged into the printer wrongly.

Are your printers suited for printing on labels? e.g. thickness of paper and also its surface. Are you sure?

Also: the alignment for the paper might be set up too tight on the printer. Read the manual to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you've already checked that you're not printing upside down or anything, I suppose you could try scanning the sticker page and using it as a template.  That's super pesky though.  Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jordan,

Tthe two labels side by side even seem to be at different heights, can you show a screenshot of a full page with the artwork?

And I see the suggestion by Sara of using a sticker page scan as a template as a fine suggestion.

It may also be worth scaling the artwork a bit down, with more bleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines