Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background color changing after export

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I exported a logo and the background color changed from turquoise to greener. 

I'm using an RGB color mode.

The problem seems to be only when I view the photo on my phone or upload it as a profile pic on my Instagram page.

Can you please have an idea?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Easy enough: You are not using color management and thus the colors look different on different screens because you are not adjusting them with those alternate displays in mind. That asudf online services will always mangle your files and change the appearance ever so slightly. You cannot do anything about this part, but you sure can improve your baseline results by using CM.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy enough: You are not using color management and thus the colors look different on different screens because you are not adjusting them with those alternate displays in mind. That asudf online services will always mangle your files and change the appearance ever so slightly. You cannot do anything about this part, but you sure can improve your baseline results by using CM.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer, How can i know what color will fit on what screens? And what is CM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many different screens out there. You cannot know that. Embedding a color profile into your file might give you a chance to at least meet those color managed screens. But you still never know what Facebook and others do with that profile. So: you cannot know it.

CM = color management. You should use it, although in screen design you won't be able to control how everyone on the planet sees your color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is anything I can do to make it at least better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As has already been mentioned: learn color management and use it.

But in the end you have no influence on Facebook AND you have no influence on all the computer systems of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in case you are exporting a PNG: Illustrator doesn't embed the color profile in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines