Copied

this is the worst for creatging a logo

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please point out the issues you face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything. It has no useful templates. I can’t change the way the text is shaped. The only good thing I can do is transfer my own photo to it and create one based off of that. The drawing feature is impossible to use. Can’t see much value at all

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drawing feature is what Illustrator us all about, and it is used by countless professional illustrators producing world-class work. But you probably need professional training, you won't click-and-figure-it-out or get it all from YouTube ... like most professional tools. Clearly you're not at that level if you're looking for templates. If you want a simple, easy to learn tool, look elsewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's advertised as have templates and they are a joke. Not everyone can draw their own content. If the description was accurate I would have known not to buy this software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are hundreds of tutorials freely available online coving all aspects of Illustrator. They aren't all good, but any one of them would help move you off the spot you're on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what they advertised it as, among other things of course. It would have been nice to be told I had to be an artist before I bought it. Yeah it has templates but they are not useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@colton5F8B wrote:

That's what they advertised it as, 

This is kind of like someone buying a super-expensive sewing machine (advertised for making your own clothing), and then complaining that it is a "bad clothing maker" because they had not learned to sew first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't change the way text is shaped? Clearly you haven't dug very deep into the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator. There are various warp effects that can change the shape of text objects or other kinds of objects. I can convert a piece of text to outlines and then turn that element into an "art brush" that will bend along a line path. Many other things can be done within Illustrator.

One thing Illustrator is not: an application to auto-assemble "logos" from clip art elements. That's not even how the process should be done anyway. Brand development takes a whole lot more work than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clicked through everything I can find. Not much I could change. It's definitely geared towards someone who can draw their own stuff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator has a great deal of capabilities for visually modifying lettering from stock typefaces. Some effects might require the text to be converted to outlines first. As I said earlier the lettering can be warped with various effects. You can add outline effects via a couple different methods (I prefer the offet path effect). You can apply raster-based effects, such as drop-shadows. It's possible to apply 3D effects to text. You just have to be willing to dig into the application and spend a decent amount of time experimenting with it. There are many how-to videos and tutorials online.

Do you have something specific in mind that you are trying to accomplish? You might get better suggestions from others in this forum if they understand what you're trying to do. Starting a discussion with a broad "Illustrator sucks" statement isn't going to be productive at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very precise wording about such cases: "When someone buys a trumpet, you can expect that he knows how to play the trumpet or he is going to learn it".
Illustrator has a great set of tools that allow you to create nice things (and logosamond them) even if you can't draw at all. But, certainly, you have to learn how to achieve your goals without classical drawing skills.

And no, you can't just click somewhere to get the great result. Illustrator is not an artistic puzzle or another "relaxing app for rising your creativity" on your smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways to change the way text is shaped. One is by using the warp effects already mentioned. The other is to choose Type > Create Outlines, which will convert selected text to lines you can reshape in any way you want. That method is extremely popular with logo makers who want to start from an existing font, and customize the text shapes.

Maybe you would have preferred more automatic template-based logo software, but graphic designers have been using Illustrator to make logos for around 35 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is a powerful tool and allows you to create any kind of unique logos. It is not a database of logo elements that are recomposed to generate logos through a wizzard interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah if you can draw your own content 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of people who use Adobe Illustrator who can't draw things very well by hand. But they do have the ability to visually imagine the graphics they want to create and then use the tool set within Illustrator to bring what's in their heads out into reality.

It's just my opinion, but I think anyone who is doing paid work in the graphic design industry should have at least some ability to sketch, draw and/or paint original artwork by hand. The skills do translate into being more productive with graphics software. I've hand-drawn a lot of sketches that I later scanned into the computer to use as a source for making clean, vector-based artwork. Tools like a Wacom tablet or an Apple Pencil in conjunction with an iPad can help someone create natural looking, hand-drawn artwork pretty quickly.

Applications like Illustrator and Photoshop are just tools. I remember seeing a humorous cartoon about it many years ago, where one of the software boxes said "design concepts not included." The person using the software has to come up with that. Being new to Illustrator is kind of like being new to playing an electric guitar. No one gets good at playing guitar without spending lots of time practicing. No one creates their own original music without a good bit of mental gymnastics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps before you purchase software you should read up on it a bit more, watch videos or take a course. That way you would have had all the information you would need to know to make the right decision.

There is a lot of content out there that can help you when using this software, you just have to look for it.

You should try, you might even enjoy using it as much as we do 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a tool: tools only work well when used well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines