Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Bad previews for fonts in illustrator files on Creative Cloud web

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Im new to file syncing. 

I set up a Creative Cloud Files folder on my local machine where I placed some illustrator files with designs that I want to co-op on with freelances.

After syncing the files (which took very long btw) I went on the website to preview them but the render is very bad. Header font - Athelas (available in Goolge Fonts) is replaced by some sanserif font and the paragraph font shows up as some place holders. See the screenshot.

21-10-2021 8-20-09 PM.png

Anything can be done about it? I was excited about using this feature for previewing and commenting on freelancers work but as it is its useless.

Thank you for any help

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the fonts embedded into your Illustrator projects?

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for replying . Not sure what you mean by "embedding fonts in illustrator". I thought one embeds fonts when exporting as pdf. Dont know how to embed in illustrator.

Also the font appear to render ok on some files and completely wrong on others even though the documents have the same qualities and the sync status says "up to date".

22-10-2021 2-24-40 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Creative Cloud to Illustrator.]

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens on all browsers with the same files being affected. If I download the file and open in illustrator everything is fine. Seriously no one has the same issues with previews on CC web?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would it be possible for you to share some sample files with us? You may upload the file on Creative Cloud(or any other cloud service you prefer) & share the link with ut. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you for getting back to me. Please find the link to one of the files with bad preview

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/811013a8-665f-4498-586a-bbfb259a2a86

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you guys come up with anything? Im still having the issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines