• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Base64 Error

Enthusiast ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started creating SVG images with Illustrator some time ago and just finished a book (epub) that I want to sell on Kindle. But when I tried publishing my book to Kindle, I got the following error:

Base64 Embedded Images are not supported in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG). --

Please use our suggested alternative found @ https://enhancedtypesetting.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/en_US/guidance/layoutfeatures/guidance.html#s...

I don't have a clue what any of this means, nor does it specify which image needs to be fixed. Is there a simple way of 1) tracking down SVG files that have Base64 problems and 2) fixing them? Or do I need to convert all my SVG images to PNG's?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this a question for Kindle/Amazon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want me to ask Kindle what Base64 is and how to purge it from my images???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have placed raster images in SVG files? Why not place them directly into your book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So are you saying Base64 indicates a raster image? If so, that's a good tip. I can go back and check to see if I accidentally pasted a raster image into those images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines