Exit

Batch encounters error after Action Stop Command

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator v 26.0

macOS v 11.6

I'm trying to setup a batch process for creating vinyl cutter files. I have created an action that works as intended on its own, but through the batch process encounters an error immediately after my Insert Stop Command.

To effectively create the file only registration marks and dielines can be left in the file, no print artwork. Thus the Insert Stop Command. When running the batch The Insert Stop operates as expected but immediately following the the Stop, It encounters an error, and guides you to the error log which only displays the intended filepath.

This occurs during the first file in the batch and subsequently halts all other batching process, negating the effectiveness of batching in the first place.

TOPICS
Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The posted links for ease of viewing...

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.43.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.43.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.44.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.44.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.49.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.53.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share at least one sample Illustrator file (.ai) as well as the action set file (.aia)?

You may also post a screenshot of your Batch Process settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 9.39.37 AM.png

Unfortunately, it appears I cannot upload an .aia or .zip file. The action is relatively simple to recreate.
1. "Insert Action Stop Command", allow Continue.

2. Save As .Ai 2020, uncheck "Create PDF Compatible File" & "Embed ICC Profiles".

3. Close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines