Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Binding Printing

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I am using AI 27.1.1 |  Single document with 8 artboards, all entered the correct 8.5(width) x 11 (height), Portrait in the artboard dialog box) 

I have a odd printing issue. When printing I select the long-side binding and print the pages. The first and last page prints short-side binding and the 2 center pages print correctly as set in the dialog box, long-side binding when printing all boards at the same time. Even when I print those first sheet/last sheet independent, (pages 1-2 and again pages 7-8), "long-side" binding, it print short-side binding. ???? So I tested the selection by printing the pages 1-2 with short-side binding and it still printed the short-side binding (as it should with that selection). Regardless of what I select, I get the first 2 pages (front/back) and the last 2 pages printing short-side binding on both selections.

ANY Help?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The analogy of Illustrator's artboards to "pages" is weak, and could be breaking down in translation to printer language.

I'd be challenged to help you troubleshoot printing directly from Illustrator simply because I never do it. My advice would be to save a copy of the file in PDF format, open it in Acrobat (or Reader), and print from there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @lindadiannecohen,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope the suggestions shared by Joh helped resolve the problem.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines