• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank white screen when opening file

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, in Illustrator. I try to open a saved PNG file from the Creative Cloud, and while Illustrator opens, there's nothing but a blank, white screen with the outline of the picture. 

This happens on my Mac with Big Sir 11.4 i7 and also on my Windows 10 laptop. Everything is up to date, and I've followed the instructions to rename certain directories to .old, and used the Adobe CC cleaner thing and reinstalled twice, as directed. 

Still nothing. This is frustrating, and unacceptable. And costing money. 

Thanks for any assistance. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Regular PNG files work fine when opening from the desktop - this is when opening AIC files from the cloud (to correct my previous post). 

And... actually it seems to be working now. 

Monika - your ask of providing screenshots with layers panel and links panel ultimately navigated me towards the "view" tab and I selected either "trim view" or "pixel view" or something and the file/illustration appeared. I closed and reopened the file from the Creative Cloud, and now it's working. I greatly apprec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create new documents?

Do other file formats work?

Do other PNGs work? Specifically ones waved from Photoshop?

Can we pelase see a screenshot (with layers panel and links panel)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regular PNG files work fine when opening from the desktop - this is when opening AIC files from the cloud (to correct my previous post). 

And... actually it seems to be working now. 

Monika - your ask of providing screenshots with layers panel and links panel ultimately navigated me towards the "view" tab and I selected either "trim view" or "pixel view" or something and the file/illustration appeared. I closed and reopened the file from the Creative Cloud, and now it's working. I greatly appreciate your reply! 

Bizaare - no idea what was going on with that but all seems well now. Also, since I'm a complete noob, I'll further learn about the layers and links panel 🙂 

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there im having this same problem but nothing ive tried works. any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but im not having this problem in PHOTOSHOP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe step by step qhat you are doing and what's happening.

Which version and system is it?

Where is the image located?

Does that happen with all PNGs or just with this one?

Also: a screenshot would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hector27836534z6x6,

Thanks for reaching out. I have replied to your DM. Please let us know if the steps shared there help or not. If not, please share the information as requested by Monika.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ansul,

One of my colleague having the same issue, where she's trying to open a PNG file in illustrator but the file was not opened and just nothing happened. Please advised on what can be done to revolve this issue, I don't recommended her to upgrade the OS to Ventura as it was 2017 iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Steve310015047p4v,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue your colleague is experiencing with opening a PNG file in Illustrator. To better understand the problem and provide appropriate assistance, I would need a few more details:

• Could you please ask your colleague to share the problematic PNG file with us? This will allow us to examine the file and investigate the issue further.
  • It would also be helpful to know the exact version of Adobe Illustrator and the macOS your colleague is using. This information can help us narrow down potential causes and provide more targeted solutions.

In the meantime, I have a couple of suggestions that may help resolve the problem:

• Try changing the file extension from PNG to JPG and then attempt to open it in Illustrator.
  • Ask your colleague to try opening the PNG file in another image editing software or viewer to ensure that the file itself is not corrupted or causing any issues. If the file opens fine in other applications, then resave/ export it and then try opening it in Illustrator.

However, please note that these suggestions are general troubleshooting steps, and the specific solution may vary depending on the details provided.

I look forward to receiving the PNG file and further information so that we can assist your colleague more effectively. Thank you for your understanding, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines