Bleed frame not appearing in Illustrator CC2020

Enthusiast ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2020 - Document Setup - set bleeds to .25"

But no red line appears!

What sort of madness is this?

Tried to attach the file, but I got this: The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Even simpler. Unbeknownst to me, if you have "Hide Guides" enacted, this also hides the red bleed lines. I would not have made the program this way, but what do I really know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Be sure that your preferred unit of measurements is selected!. I had my bleeds set to .125 points when I needed them to be in inches. They were almost invisble they wre so small and unoticable.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I see no issue with Bleed settings/appearence on my end. Would you mind sharing some more information like:
1. Exact version of OS and Illustrator.
2. Is it happening with a specific file or with all the files?
3. Do you save files locally or on a network?
4. Have you tried resetting preferences? (If not, please try doing that. You may follow the steps provided on https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences)

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

You may also share screenshots or a small video of the process with your post. All this information will help us understand the issue and work accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac version 24.0.1. If I create a new document, it works. I would send you the file, but I don't know how. it's saved locally. I have not reset prefs.

By the way, how do you see the dimensional size of your document? If I go into "Document Setup", logically there should be document size information in there. But there isn't.  So where does the program show me the doc's dimensional size, in a numeric display (8.5 x 11'', etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator document uses one or more artboards.

Dimensions are displayed in the Document info panel. To display and edit them, select the Artboard Tool. Values appear on top bar.

(Select them other tool or press Esc, to leave that Artboard view mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check;View > Trim View?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even simpler. Unbeknownst to me, if you have "Hide Guides" enacted, this also hides the red bleed lines. I would not have made the program this way, but what do I really know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came to this thread because I just noticed the same thing and this is the DUMBEST possible way for this tool to behave lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 @ M_G6 - I agree with you, this shouldn't be the way -- ie. if you select "Hide Guides", bleed marks disappear to!

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 11.05.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. If I create a file from very beginning it shows the red bleed mark on my artboard. Otherwise, bleed marks don't appear in an old file. I tried show guides, trim view etc. didn't work. Please see the attached screenshots. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmd + ;

or

view > guides > show guides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a champion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure that your preferred unit of measurements is selected!. I had my bleeds set to .125 points when I needed them to be in inches. They were almost invisble they wre so small and unoticable.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines