• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend Mode Flatten ?

Advocate ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to flatten a shape which has a blend mode applied to the shape ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Lets says you have

1. Gradient set to overlay
  2. Placed image underneath the gradient

You need to select both items and flatten transparency. The result will be one bitmapped image, but will look the same as the 2 separate items previously. The blending mode will be gone, as it was calculated into the bitmapped image with the flatten transparency command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StrongBeaver,

Are you able to provide a visual/screenshot?

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first image, the layer is placed on top of the white shape. 

The second image, the same image the blend mode is set to overlay.  I'd like to flatten the layer with the blend mode overlay to get the same results as does the blend mode overlay ?

RegBlend.pngRegBlend_Overlay.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object >> flatten transparency, check preserve alpha transparency

When you fleet that turns the transparent item into a bitmap. The overlay blending mode is uses in the calculation, but the result will not have a blending mode after this is done, as the resulting bitmap created used the overlay to calculate the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that technique, I thought there may be something I may have skipped on; turns out I'll have to use opacity masks to somewhat mimic that of a blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  lost me even though you showed a screenshot. If you check this, your result should capture the transparency and no need for an opacity mask, but then I might not be thinking like a beaver today and misunderstanding your needs..

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 9.13.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike Gondek2 - That is the option I toggled on when flattening the transparency for a layer with a blend mode but the results were not what I was hoping for, as the blend mode wasn't preserved. I thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select the item underneath the bending mode is blending with?

If you unlock  and select all this should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets says you have

1. Gradient set to overlay
  2. Placed image underneath the gradient

You need to select both items and flatten transparency. The result will be one bitmapped image, but will look the same as the 2 separate items previously. The blending mode will be gone, as it was calculated into the bitmapped image with the flatten transparency command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that technique worked great.  I was doing thing in just the wrong order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that helped. For my part you are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this images guide is helpful to me. im blending 2 object but ther are not smooth. im adjust follow this method its work for meScreenshot 2021-10-20 150614.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic is about blend modes (Multiply, Screen etc.), not blending between two shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the final result still needs to be printed at 200% is the "bitmapped" outcome of this a problem? By "bitmapped" I assume you mean its been converted to a "raster" "pixelled" image instead of vector artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines