• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend Tool Wont Blend Text

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to blend two texts together using specified steps. I have watched several youtube videos on how to do this and trust me it is not working. I tried using the tool in the side menu and the one in the toolbar. I have tried adding a strole. Yes i have the texts selected. When i open the blend menu 'preview' is checked but grayed out. So confused this should be super simple.Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 11.01.19 PM.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Figured it out lol. You cannot drag the text box out to a desired size. Those nuances ugh, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your screenshot it seems you have created paragraph text, not line text as would be required for a blend.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying blend will not work if the text exceeds 1 row? I changed it to a single row of text and it still does not work.Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 12.11.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out lol. You cannot drag the text box out to a desired size. Those nuances ugh, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By "line text" Mylenium meant point type.

If you want for some reason blend area type objects you would first have to separately encapsulate them, either in an envelope (see Object menu) or as a symbol instance (see Symbols palette).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines