• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blob bursh size increment

Contributor ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could I make blob brush size increment smaller when using shortcuts.
1 pt  -  3,8 pt  is huge step.

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the bracket keys it grows with 1 pt increments here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it called? Increase/decrease diameter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diameter or size would be good names.

Do you use these [  ] keys to change the size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have custom shortcuts for Increase/decrease diameter. I investigated a little. Default shorcuts are indeed the bracket keys. Why would we have different increments?
Windows 11 and latest illustrator. You?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS and the latest AI. What happens if you use the default instead of your own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with Illustrator 2022, but latest versions is always buggy. I need always have all Adobe programs to have 1 version earlier to be installed. So many issues. Only lately I have turned backed to 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default shorcuts dont change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to copy all the content into new file, then it works. That feels so random that file can corrupt such a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a 1 minute and it is broken again.
1 pt - 3.8 pt is the sweetspot for my illustrations. It feels like I have to make everything 200% size and later scale down. Even the pen pressure 3.8 is too much and 1 pt not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us about the construction fo the art. Is there anything that you did not create from scratch like a corel draw import or ESKO plug in?

Are there any strange elements like a nested symbol with a strange character in the name like / or : that could interfere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sorontar,

We understand that technical issues can be a source of frustration. We hope that the suggestions provided by Mike and Ton were helpful in resolving the problem. If this was not the case, please provide us with additional details, such as the precise version of the OS/Illustrator, system configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory), and a screen recording of the issue (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...). This will allow us to conduct a more thorough investigation.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 (Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Both Illustrators 26.5.3 and 27.5. Probably older versions had same thing aswell.

AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor, 3701 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32,0 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sorontar,

Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind also sharing a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...) so that we can try and replicate this on our end?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video of the the situation. I also use custom shortcut of Y for that.
https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/3e712707-7897-41d8-7c48-24ffdc01a700

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1pt is also what am seeing here, and what it has always been as memory serves. I am on Mac OS Monterey English and AI2023. That you have 3.8 appears to be off. While there is no direct pref to change that I still would try

PREFS  RESET MAC (thorough method) substitute 27 for your version

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings/en_US/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

rename Adobe Illustrator 27 to Adobe Illustrator 27old

PREFS  RESET MAC (other)

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 26/

rename Adobe Illustrator 27  to Adobe Illustrator 2 old

PREFS  RESET WIN (other)

Quit Illustrator

Press Win+R -> appdata -> Roaming -> Adobe -> rename folder "Adobe Illustrator XX Settings"  to anything else like "Adobe Illustrator XX Settings_old"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Sorontar,

I hope the suggestions shared by Mike helped resolve the problem. If not, then you may connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines