• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue tutorial box won't go away

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah so I downloaded the program yesterday, and the irritating tutorial box (I assume? It's just blue and blank?) is glitching out. I can't click it, I can't close it, I can't move it. It was on the bottom yesterday so I could ignore it but it glitched up to the top today and now it's in the way of layers and anything I need to access at the top of the toolbar which is pretty program breaking. 

Suffice it to say my free trial isn't exactly going well.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

@raeflower Did you try turning off Show Tool Tips in your Edit > Preferences > General tab?

JainLemos_0-1626034210689.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Okay, @raeflower was able to get it to go away by restarting their computer. I'm not sure what you've tried so far. Here are some ideas: Close all documents. In Preferences, uncheck the Show Tool Tips in the General tab. Close Illustrator. Relaunch the program. Is the box still there? If so, try closing all Adobe applications, quitting all the way out of the Creative Cloud app, and restarting your computer. Still there? Try reinstalling Illustrator. You can keep your preferences or follow instru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the lightbulb, then choose the prompt to make it go away. Sorry forgot what exactly the verbiage is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the Lighbulb brings up the tutorial menu, nothing else. The box remains no matter what actions i take within the tutorial menu .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try turning off Show Tool Tips in your Edit > Preferences > General tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raeflower Did you try turning off Show Tool Tips in your Edit > Preferences > General tab?

JainLemos_0-1626034210689.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did before I posted the question unfortunately. It didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raeflower Okay, and when you click on the Lightbulb icon you don't get the Learn pop-up? It sounds like you need to reset your preferences or try a clean reinstallation. You've no doubt tried toggling your GPU and performance settings...

JainLemos_0-1626035184378.png

JainLemos_1-1626035258778.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I still got the pop up with the menu, the blue rectangle just still wouldn't go away. I tried changing the show tool tips and then restarting my computer, and that worked though! It's gone finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. You're not alone raeflower

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, @raeflower was able to get it to go away by restarting their computer. I'm not sure what you've tried so far. Here are some ideas: Close all documents. In Preferences, uncheck the Show Tool Tips in the General tab. Close Illustrator. Relaunch the program. Is the box still there? If so, try closing all Adobe applications, quitting all the way out of the Creative Cloud app, and restarting your computer. Still there? Try reinstalling Illustrator. You can keep your preferences or follow instructions to reset them here: How to set preferences in Illustrator (adobe.com)

Still there? Please come back and we'll try to troubleshoot with you some more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines